Global address book not updating exchange 2016 dating zippers
When I download the Offline Address Book again, the problem returns. This does show up in the event-logs of the Mailbox server that does OAB generation, but the logging generally isn't turned on high enough to tell you I've had this problem before - not for Exchange 2010 I will admit (it was Exchange 2003) but the symptoms were exactly the same, so with a bit of luck so is the solution.
To make this more confusing, some users are able to see the conference room in the Global Address List without removing their offline address book. Unfortunately I never got to the bottom of it wasn't working, but I rebooted all of my Global Catalog servers and it magically started working again.
When I look up the conference room in the Global Address List, it doesn't show up. So as I understood from our Sys Admin, the oab files are generated on one server, and rely on the file replication service on the global catalog servers (we have 2 of them) to copy the oab files to each of the servers.
However, if I delete my files (Offline Address Book) then I can see the new conference room in the Global Address List. The service was not started on one of the servers and therefore some users were getting old oab's while other users were getting fresh copies. if you're having this issue, make sure the file replication service is started. Chances are good that OAB generation is failing for some reason.
The OAB mailbox can be deployed on a mailbox database that has multiple copies, thereby mitigating a failure mode that occurred in previous releases.” Ironic in that if the OAB generating mailbox resides in a database that has a failed copy, then it could potentially lead to failed downloads.
Check the OAB file location to confirm the dates on the files: The we can run this command (assuming you have one OAB): In the case of my client, the files never changed.
Even tried restarting the Exchange Mailbox Assistant service without any luck.
Next we renamed the folder containing the OAB files (the folder with a name that looks like a GUID).
Once renamed, we tried to update the address book and restart the Mailbox Assistant service. The Fix After some more troubleshooting in the event logs and diagnostic logging, I noticed that the database copy for Database02, where to OAB mailbox resided, had one copy that was in a ‘Failed and Suspended’ state.